What You Need to Know About Roofing Estimates
Many people assume that gathering roofing estimates is simply to understand costs, but it’s so much more than that. Estimates can give you lots of valuable information, like what materials are being used, the projected timeline, the company’s warranty, and much more. The estimate process is vital to choosing the right Tyler, TX roofing company for you and your needs, and gives you a chance to personally connect with the people who will be working on your home or business.
With any large project, like a roof replacement or repair, it’s a good idea to gather several estimates, so you can compare prices and packages. The process of doing this generally should follow the following steps:
1. List your wants and needs. It helps tremendously, when you can have a list of the things you want included in your roof ahead of time. Think about things like materials, colors, and styles, as well as brand names you like and warranty inclusions you’re looking for.
2. Shop around. Don’t just go with the first roofing company you find. Take your time to get multiple estimates, so you can properly compare and choose the one that can give you what you need.
3. Only hire the best. After comparing estimates, choose the one you feel the most comfortable with. Consider their reputation, reliability, timeliness, and respect for you and your property.
Reading Your Estimate
There are often many details included in a roofing estimate that you should be aware of. Take your time to understand everything, so you know what you are agreeing to. Here is a general overview of things that may show up on an estimate:
- Materials- these will spell out the type of shingles, styles, gutters, underlayment, weatherproofing, and more
- Time frame- this is the estimated project duration
- Warranty- type and length of the warranty provided by the roofing company and materials manufacturer, if applicable
- Cost- your cost should be broken down into things like: materials cost, labor cost, and additional costs for things like repairs, removals, or restoration. You should also see payment options and due dates
- Guarantees- if your roofer offers guarantees, make sure you know what they are
- Cleanup- this should outline who is responsible for cleanup and how it is handled. There may be additional costs for waste removal and recycling
- Liability- the roofing company should provide liability insurance coverage for the jobsite and their workers. You may see those details on your estimate
- Permits- details surrounding local roofing/construction permits and who will provide them
Want to work with a reputable roofing company in Tyler that you know you can trust? Reach out to us at Reliable Roofing today and request your estimate! We’re dedicated to providing excellent craftsmanship and personalized customer service, and we look forward to speaking with you.